Monday, May 4, 2009

You've gotta start somewhere

So, getting started was harder than I’d thought. I figured I’d start at the beginning. But the beginning of what?
Here it goes: ACT I, Scene 1
(Callaghan sits in the elbow of the microfiber sectional with her favorite pad and extra soft mechanical pencil.)
One day I woke up in suburbia with a husband, three children, three cats, a lazy dog, a job, a car (cooler than a minivan), a writing hobby, and a coffee addiction. Thankfully, U2, jeans, and fountain Diet Coke (DC) remain in style. Sadly, The X-Files, toe socks and roller skating are passé, not that I care very much about being “in.”
So, here I was thirty-something deciding to take my writing hobby seriously by writing a novel. I worked on several serious projects for several years.
>>>FAST FORWARD TO TODAY
I’m still thirty-something, and thanks to the handiwork of a crackerjack literary agent, Sarah Davies from the Greenhouse Literary Agency, Aladdin Books (Simon and Schuster Children’s Publishing) is publishing my ‘tween book KELLY QUINN’S SECRET COOKING CLUB. And it’s this wonderful news that has brought me to the long pondered According to Moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment