Thursday, May 28, 2009

Review of The Secret Identity of Devon Delaney

As you know Aladdin Mix (the children’s imprint of Simon and Schuster) is publishing Kelly Quinn’s Secret Cooking Club. I thought I would check out some Mix books for myself. I started with The Secret Identity of Devon Delaney by, Lauren Barnholdt.
This story is an insider’s look at how the little white lies tweens (and adults, I’m sure) tell can come back to haunt. I felt so badly for Devon when her “summer friend” shows up at her school looking for the popular, boy-magnet Devi, which the real Devon is not. What can Devon do? Lie some more to cover up lies already told. It’s a disaster.
This book was very cute. I’ll share it with my daughter (11) and I recommend it to her friends.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting, Cindy! Way to go!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete