Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My agent rocks!

The link to Sarah's blog is below, but I wanted to include a snippet. She's so great.

".....Yes, here I am back in England again – formerly my first home, but now my second. And it’s lovely to be here, especially with all my close family and friends around me. Here, every hour, every day is different – not a vacation but a temporary change of lifestyle and pace. Is it adventurous? Is it a little crazy? I’ll let you make up your own mind as I take you through the highlights of my past couple of weeks . . .
1. One week before I leave for England: Do a deal! Yippee! Sell debut author Cindy Callaghan’s middle-grade novel, KELLY QUINN’S SECRET COOKING CLUB, to Aladdin (Simon & Schuster). This story always makes me feel hungry. It’s fun, it’s pacy, but it also features amazing ice-cream confections called ‘Super Swirleys’. Oh, and there are recipes too!
2. One day before I leave for England: Do ANOTHER deal! Hurrah! Did I mention that doing deals is one of my favourite activities in the world? I sell Sarah Aronson’s BEYOND LUCKY to Dial (Penguin Putnam). This story is sort of about soccer, but it’s also about friendship, self-discovery, forgiving – and it has a really strong voice. Sarah’s first novel, HEAD CASE, was published by Roaring Brook, so very pleased she decided to join Greenhouse– one of our first already-published authors.

http://www.greenhouseliterary.com/index.php/site/sarahs_blog

No comments:

Post a Comment