Sunday, January 3, 2010

What's on my Nightstand

I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions....who really needs all that pressure?

So, I am vowing to diligently work my way through my reading list this winter (what better time to curl up with a good read?) not because of any resolution, but out of fear -- I'm a little afraid of the girth of the pile.

My tower is not only huge, but diverse, both in terms of genre and medium. We Type-As like lists., so here's what I got going:
Adult Mysteries:
Look Again, Lisa Scottoline (autographed)
Pirate Lattitudes, Michael Crichton (1942-2008) - released in 2009
The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown
Smoke Screen, Sandra Brown

Middle-Grade and YA
Eleven, Lauren Myracle - Just finished
The Year the Swollows Came Early, Kathryn Fitzmaurice - In-progress
Models Don't Eat Chocolate, Erin Dionne - DONE, highly recommend
The Hollow, Jessica Verday - On-deck
The Espressologist, Kristin Springer - On-deck
Shadowed Summer, Saundra Mitchell - Just finished
Prophecy of the Sisters, Michelle Zink - On-deck
The Wedding Planners Daughter, Coleen Murtagh Paratore - In-progress
You are So Undead to Me, Stacey Jay - In-progress
Dorie Dilts: School for Cool, P.G. Kain - On-deck - (Aladdin M!X sibling)
Just Another Day in my Insanely Real Life, Barbara Dee - In-progress - (Aladdin M!X sibling)
Hush, Hush, Becca Fitzpatrick - DONE, highly recommend
Devil's Kiss, Sarwat Chadda - DONE, highly recommend - (Greenhouse Literary sibling)

I also have books on my Kindle (which I LOVE):
Witch and Wizard, James Patterson
Prada and Prejudice, Mandy Hubbard - In-progress

In my car I have audio books:
9 Dragons, Michael Connelly .....the man, the legend...let's face it, he's my fav. - In-Progress
Thriller, Short stories edited by James Patterson - Just completed. Okay, so maybe I didn't listen to the whole thing, but it was like 16 CDs
And I I'm on the library waiting list at the library for: The Murder of King Tut, James Patterson

This doesn't include my newsletters and various local history pieces that are strewn around the coffee tables, and while I don't read them cover to cover, I do read them.

In fact, I'm off right now because I can't get Callie of Prada and Prejudice out of my mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment