Saturday, March 20, 2010

Thanks to the little fairy who cleaned my head

I can't remember squat. It's not surprising given that I've had a ton going on with work, schedules, the kids, blah, blah, blah - you understand. This brain overload has had some unfortunate affects. I'm losing things, late, disorganized, and my brain just isn't working great. Here is an example: The other day someone at work suggested a great idea. It wasn't a solar rocket, but it was a smart, simple idea. The kind that makes you smack your forehead and say, "Why didn't I think of that?"
Well, I think I know why. My cranium needed a Spring Cleaning!! It was too messy and crowded to think.
Recently I had a head cold, so I laid down to take a nap, which is one of my favorite things that I almost never do. But, I couldn't fall asleep, because my head was amok with junk that kept bouncing around making it impossible to drift off. Instead of napping, a cute little brain-cleaning fairy sifted through the gunk up there. Soon I remembered that I hadn't RSVPed to a party and I needed to mail something to a friend. And while she sorted through my thoughts, organized and made room for new stuff, I came up with not one, but TWO cool new promotional ideas for JUST ADD MAGIC, and a good idea for something at work. It was amazing what a little extra cerebral space could do!
It was like taking old programs off your computer's hard drive so it can run faster... at least that's what I'm hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment